Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ruffle shorts!

I made a comment early yesterday about how I should make Moira some more shorts, since she had already worn both of her pairs to camp and she is supposed to wear pants to this specific camp. "You know, in my copious spare time." Then it turned out that I actually did have some spare time today, and a clear idea of what I wanted to make, and even though my sewing room is the hottest room in the house, I whipped up a pair.
Ruffle shorts
I used this tutorial, and the same fabric Moira picked out for her faux-kimono last month. I try not to sew things without her explicit approval, since she is really particular about what she wants to wear, but I think she'll like these, with the ruffles and flowers and all. I even remembered to include pockets, since she recently told me that she wants all of her outfits to have pockets.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Jemma will not wear shorts this summer (dresses only!), but I'm still pinning these with hopes that maybe she will next year :)

    ReplyDelete