Saturday, January 4, 2014

In the new year

Sometime in the last 6 months I feel like I lost a little bit of myself. I'm not sure what it is, other than just the kind of depression where nothings really wrong, and everything feels flat. Fortunately, there's nothing really wrong.
But obviously, I want to find the joy in my life again.

There are a lot of things I'm doing that are boring and probably part of what's making me feel dull. Like laundry, and packing lunches for school, and taking Moira to school. Giant chunks of my time are devoted to the maintenance of our family life and they are all things that have to happen. Have I mentioned how much I hate packing lunches? Haaaaate.

But all these things have to happen, or we would be hungry and dirty. So I've been thinking about how to start finding more fun in my life. I've decided to have some goals for the new year, to try and force some of the fun back into my life and see if that helps me have fun in the rest of my life.

1) More sewing!

We moved Davis out of our bedroom in December, so theoretically I could now sew after the kids are in bed on some nights. I made these napkins the other night when Davis was playing downstairs with Walker instead of falling asleep. It's convienent that even mindless sewing projects make me want to sew more. I also have a lot of hand sewing that I haven't been getting around to. I figure if I buy a basket for our TV room shelves, then I'm more likely to work on stuff while we are watching TV.

2) More blogging!

Ever since I got my tablet, my blogging output has tanked. It seems like 90% of what I posted last year was my weekly picture posts. I'm still going to participate in the Mamatography project, although this year it will either be my favorite picture from the week, or a collage of favorite things. I'm also not going to worry about taking a picture every day. Well, sort of. I'm taking part in the #365feministselfie project suggest by Viva La Feminista. Although, that will probably not be a full 365 days of photos for me. I'm not sure what else I'd want to write about, but I'm going to try and take more time to when the mood strikes.

1 comment:

  1. Your goals are the same as my goals - blog more, sew more, and hopefully find that old part of me I lost. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete