Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mamatography week 26

6/14. Texture
6/14. Texture
Davis loves to lick the frosting off cupcakes, and the peanut butter off sandwiches. It's only recently that he's started actually eating the carriers fro these foods (cupcakes and bread), but he still starts with the good stuff.

6/15. From Above
6/15. From Above
This is what our yard looked like after the coop was knocked down, but before they trees were taken out. There's an even bigger hole now.

6/16. Family
6/16. Family
We tried to fly kites for Father's Day, but there wasn't enough wind. At least the kids cooperated and let me capture some cute pictures of them with Walker.

6/17. Centered
6/17. Centered
I was feeling cranky, so I went out for a walk, and seeing all the plants and feeling the fresh air immediately made me feel more like me. I need to remember that when I'm having a hard day, but I so rarely do.

6/18. Street
6/18. Street
I know, this is reaching for the theme, but it cracks me up when toddlers figure out how to put glasses on, and they are so proud of themselves. It's like a little glimpse of the future when he will actually be trying to be cool and want to wear his pants around knees and a backwards baseball cap.

6/19. Currently Reading
6/19. Currently Reading
My friend Amy and her family came for a visit. Our daughters pretty much disappeared into the dress up area and didn't reappear unless we made them, and the boys kept checking each other out and trying to figure out how to interact. Here, Joe is "reading" this book to Davis by pointing at every picture and asking "Want that?" to which Davis says, "No!" He eventually got to something that Davis said yes to, and was so surprised that he forgot what it was immediately.

6.20. Cute
6/20. Cute
We had a little meetup with some of the other local Natural Parents Network volunteers at the children's museum, but because Lauren's kids are on a totally different schedule than everyone else's, half the kids were trying to fall asleep on the floor when they got there, so I invited her over for dinner. Mikko found Amy's husband's hat and proceeded to rhythmically march (I don't dance, Shannon, I just walk) around the living room shouting, "YeeHaw!"

mtbadge2This post is part of the Mamatography 2013 Project with Diary of a First Child and Momma Jorje.
We are taking (at least) a photo a day to keep a record of our year. Join us at any point during the year and start sharing your own daily photos!
Also linked up at Hobo Mama and NPN.

1 comment:

  1. I'm cracking up just remembering the rhythmic marching. Yeehaw!

    I love the story of Joe reading to Davis. And your sunglasses caption gave me a glimpse into the future of whatever silly fashions our kids will be in to that we'll have to tolerate and/or mock. I'm kind of looking forward to it.

    Davis is smart to start with the frosting!

    ReplyDelete