Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Me Made May, starting tomorrow!

me-made-may'13

I have been watching the Me Made challenges at So, Zo (where people pledge to wear clothes they made every day for a month) for a long time, each time wishing I had the mental energy to participate. I have plenty of clothes I've made, and I even wear them on a regular basis. I'm interested in seeing if I can really manage to wear something self made every day for a month. It will seriously limit variety in wardrobe which is a known problem for me. Hopefully, I can find time to make a couple of new things to counteract any feeling of being penned in I might have. I plan to also try to take pictures of my outfits and post them to my Flickr, which will hopefully help me figure out a good spot in the house to use the self timer on my camera. Or maybe Moira will take my picture. We shall see. Below is my pledge.

I, Shannon Hillinger of Pineapples & Artichokes, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear one item of each day for the duration of May 2013. I also pledge to sew at least two more garments during this month.

3/17. Green
If nothing else, this challenge means that I will find out if I'm actually willing to wear this shirt on a regular day and risk it's destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment