Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mamatography, Week 11

3/1. L is For...
3/1. L is For...
(Lesbian) Love. Our Polly Pockets have a LOT of weddings, but there are only two male Pollys in our collection, and they never get to be in the wedding. I'm pretty sure it's because they don't fit in the pretty dresses.

3/2. I Made This
3/2. I Made This!
A quilt for our guest room. I just need to hand sew the binding, but it's been shelved until after Norwescon.

3/3. Key
3/3. Key
You can see why the baby thinks it's a great thing to suck on.

3/4. Lucky
3/4. Lucky
Walker came back from his work trip too sick to go to work, or really help with the kids. So on this day, the three of us decided to go play in a little covered play area and get some energy out. Lucky Davis, there were four Cozy Coupes to play with, so he actually got to ride in one. He liked to climb in over the door and out under the front.

3/5. Under
3/5. Under
I hid from everyone for a little and also hid from the sewing I was supposed to be working on to quilt a little of my house quilt.

3/6. Chair
3/6. Chair
Davis is slowly starting to enjoy chairs, but they are mostly just a vehicle to get to the top of a table. Immediately after this, he found some scissors and tried to figure out how they work.

3/7. Fear
3/7. Fear
We spent Thursday evening at the new Mohai with Lauren and kids. Mikko is afraid of glass elevators, but he insisted that we go all the way to the top floor anyway, and back down in the elevator. Here he is, steeling himself for the downward journey.

mtbadge2This post is part of the Mamatography 2013 Project with Diary of a First Child and Momma Jorje.
We are taking (at least) a photo a day to keep a record of our year. Join us at any point during the year and start sharing your own daily photos!

Also linked up at Hobo Mama and NPN.

7 comments:

  1. Oh bless Mikko...he is so brave!!

    Your quilts are absolutely gorgeous, I love the colour combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in your quilt are beautiful! I felt the same was as Mikko a few weeks ago when we took a glass elevator up 75 stories, my kids thought it was hilarious.

    Audrey also climbs in her car over the door as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a moment I thought you were sewing apiece of astroturf into the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, love the Polly Pockets photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha — what a fun surprise to see Mikko's face! I just showed him.

    Your quilts are so vibrant and creative and skillfully made — I love seeing them in process.

    For a long time, Mikko thought boys couldn't get married, just girls. He based this on the movie Mamma Mia, which focuses so much on its being "Sophie's wedding." He thought I was hilarious when I said that Sam was at my wedding and also got married.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Mikko wants to go up the Sears Tower in Chicago this summer. Wish him luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at Mikko's short hair! Wow! And I agree, the quilts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete