Monday, October 15, 2012

KCWC wrap up

I did manage to sew all but one day last week, which I was surprised by. I finished three of my 3 projects, started another, and cut the pattern out for another. I'm just going to talk about my finishes, since I have no process photos this year.

The first finish was the purple velvet dress. New trim is attached, but when she tried it on today, the neck hole is too small for her head now, so I will make a little slit and add a button. Maybe even tonight.

Aurora dress
The other two finishes are the princess dresses with the pattern I made. This one is Aurora. If I was going to do it again, I'd make the white thing around the neck bigger, but she doesn't care.

Ariel dress
This one is Ariel. I think no one is going to recognize it, because who on earth remembers the pink dress she wore to get married in? I need to add some elastic under the puffs so they stand up better, but other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

That's all. I'm looking forward to the spring one. It's good to force myself into the sewing room occasionally.

1 comment: