Friday, June 8, 2012

Paint squash butterflies

Drip
I had a fit of inspiration in the middle of a long cranky day last week, and decided that we should make paint butterflies. We used to do this in Kindergarten with crayons and waxed paper, but grating crayons seems like too much work, so we just used thin tempera paint. I'm totally down with the idea of helping Moira iron things, but I think we'll find a different activity for that.
A butterfly!
Moira's reaction the first time she opened one of the pictures was "That doesn't look like a butterfly!" I tried to explain about paint placement, which made her nod and smile. Moria's preferred paint placement was all in a line.
All the butterflies
Obviously, she enjoyed the process. I'm hoping to hang them on the sofit in our kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment