Friday, June 15, 2012

DPS: Week 1

Any sort of creative endeavor has been difficult since moving. I finally got enough art stuff set up, that I can join in with Tinkerlab's Double Page Spread Challenge, and today marks the 7th day of me participating. Most people seem to upload photos on the day, but I have been taking the pictures with the DSLR, in another attempt to reclaim a little creative time, so that's just not going to happen for me. I don't know if these posts will be a regular thing or not, but I hope the drawing will be.
Day 1
Day 1
I really wanted to get Moira interested in doing this with me, so I drew a princess (and a castle) at her request. She filled a page with scribbles and then got bored long before I was done.

Day 2
Day 2
Tissue paper painting. Oddly, the red and pink we used didn't bleed at all, and the blues just barely did.

Day 3
Day 3
I only had a few minutes, so we used foamy stickers.

Day 4
Day 4
Mika and I used to spend hours doing this, filling up the whole page with color. I was especially fond of doing this for birthday cards. I forgot how much I loved doing it, but it is very time consuming.
Practice makes perfect
Moira kept trying over and over to make a person, this is actually her third sheet of paper (one of them was very small) and she just laughed every time she made a "mistake" and kept trying until she got it how she wanted it. The blue and yellow one is the finished drawing.

Day 5
Day 5

Day 6
Day 6
Moira's request again. She wanted me to draw Brave Margaret, from the book we had just read in preparation for seeing Brave when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment