Saturday, May 19, 2012

Next up, I will juggle these flaming rings

It turns out that I can handle this parenting thing with two kids on my own. Well, sort of. My parents are here, and I hired help in the mornings for the days Walker was gone. But I'm doing the bulk of the heavy work, including getting both kids to sleep. Including getting them both to sleep at the same time by myself! That must mean I leveled up or something.
We've learned and all sorts of interesting things since Wednesday.

Davis, meet stroller
Davis likes the stroller. He would also really like us to give him some food already.
Vikings like crafts too
Vikings love crafts. And people in general love little girls in princess dresses and viking helmets.
At the Nordic Heritage Museum
Moira loves interactive exhibits at museums.
The internet occasionally answers your prayers and provides a movie night at a play cafe when you are looking down the long stretch of Friday night. Related to that, Moira can sit through a scary movie (Ratatouille).
Box castles are fun. Especially when someone else does most of the cutting and assembling.
Moira's first bubble tea
Bubble tea (and humbow) are tasty.
Making a spring roll
Anything looks tasty when it's made of felt.
Story time is still fun when you don't understand the language being spoken.
Playing Super Mario
Super Mario Brothers is still fun.
Curly hair!
Curly hair is painful to get, but still worth it.
Moira and Cinderella
If you make a doll out of a balloon, it's probably going to pop.

Tomorrow we are planning to go to the University street fair in the morning. Then Walker should be home after lunch and I can take a nap.

1 comment: