Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Surf

Sunday Surf with Authentic Parenting and Hobo Mama
All of these are pulled from my Google+ page, so if you follow me there, you have already seen them. Unfortunately, this seems to be the only way I can remember what I read and liked.

So Much Bullshit but we Won't Give In. I have long thought that more violent reactions from women would be a good counteraction to rape culture, not that I condone violence, or think it's primarily women's jobs to stop rape. It's more of a warning if you ever try anything against my consent.

There's no Such Thing as "Healthy Food." "Food is meant to meet our needs, and can only be evaluated on its ability to do so. Even a Twinkie is “healthy” for a person starved for caloric energy."

Parenting a Teen. If you know me well you know I am terrified of the teenager stage. But I know a number of awesome teens, and they all seem to have been parented this way. It's not a shock to think that treating a teen like they are a person would lead to a good relationship.

Adorable Doll Protests Piss off Russian Police. Awww! The most adorable protest ever.

Your Daughter Doesn't Have to Apologize for Anything. I have been trying to explain this to a few people in our lives. Moira liking pink and princesses is not the problem. Everyone assuming that's the only thing she likes IS the problem.
We took her to the Disney Store to return the Buzz Lightyear she got for Christmas that didn't work. Since they didn't have the exact same Buzz, she wanted to look around the store at all her options. We talked about anything she seemed interested in, and pointed out a few things she might like (like the Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals) that she hadn't noticed. She actually didn't notice the princess section so we took her over there. Her final decision was to get Bullseye, for Jesse to ride on.
And her favorite game right now? Firefighter Cinderella.

Craft Hope's latest project is beanie hats and tote bags for kids with cancer. I'm getting Moira involved with this one. We already picked out tshirts to turn into bags.

Visit Hobo Mama for more surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment