Friday, January 27, 2012

Sewing again!

I lost most of my attention span halfway through this pregnancy and have been unable to sew since then, but this week I finally got back in there. Here is what I made!
Davis' first christmas
We traced the little hand just after Christmas. I almost didn't do these because I was just so burned out, but I'm glad I did. Especially since I did for Moira. Davis woke up from his nap and was helping me take the pictures at this point which is why it is a little blurry.
Doggy shirt
A shirt for Moira, rescuing the dog from a tank top our friend Pearl gave her that is much too small now. The sleeves are cut from the back of the tank. The body is from an old tank top of mine. I'm not happy with the belling in the neckline, but I don't care enough to fix it. We'll see if that's true after I see it on her.
Refashioned shirt
Finally, I rescued a shirt of mine that had a hole near the hem and combined it with an old dress of Moira's that had a hole in the bodice. I was planning on just turning the dress into a skirt for her, but then I pulled the gathering out on top and realized it was actually big enough to fit around me. I loved the fabric in that dress more then she liked the dress. Plus, I'm slightly less likely to cut a hole in it. It looks a little odd I suppose, but I wore it a whole day and it's very comfortable, although a little awkward to nurse in.
I also started planning out another shirt for me as well as fixed the pockets on a couple of things. I am hopeful that the sewing mojo is back for good.

4 comments:

  1. I think the shirt you made for yourself is very cute! That's such a creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm glad you were able to make Davis' little ornament :) And the shirts are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously: that shirt does not look odd. It's super cute, I would totally wear that style if it weren't wrong for my body type.

    I'm really glad the sewing mojo is back, and especially that your attention span is better.

    ReplyDelete