Friday, December 2, 2011

Well rested

Even though the baby is still stuck on the inside, Walker decided to start his paternity leave today. My friend Willow has also been visiting for the week, and Moira is in love with her, so I'm finally well rested. This means among other things, I finally got the photos from the last few weeks off the camera.
Ready to go
This is what Moira decided to wear to see "A Year With Frog and Toad" with my parents (the umbrella stayed at home).
Moira loves Willow
I told you she's in love with Willow, even when her PSP is not out. It's been at least six months since she was willing to sit next to anyone at dinner other then me or Walker, but she wants Willow to sit next to her all the time. She is also very sad that Willow is not going to stay here all the nights forever.
Felt tic tac toe board
Also because of all the rest I actually managed to make something today. Moira loves playing tic tac toe lately, although she doesn't care to try and draw circles or exes in the grid. My theory with this is that we will be able to play even at restaurants that don't supply paper or crayons. And waiting rooms.
I have been wanting to make her a busy book, because she has loved every one that other kids have brought over to our house. I'm trying to decide if it's something I'm actually going to get around to or if I should just buy one. Making this little board was fun, I'm leaning more in the direction of making it myself. I suppose we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. It's a cute idea. I vote for making it, so long as you're up to it. :)

    Glad you're feeling less stressed and better-rested. Give Willow a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the phrase, "this baby" and thought, "Now wait a second, did Shannon have her baby already!?" I'll keep watching for the actual announcement after the actual birth. For now, I love Moira's Frog and Toad digs, and the tic tac toe activity. Such a great idea! I love the idea of having grab and go activities for times you're stuck waiting. Adding that one to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel was stoked to see a photo of Moira. She has an umbrella!! Hazel exclaimed. Miss H thinks umbrellas are the envy of cool kids everywhere.

    How are you feeling? It is Monday her so I imagine an eviction notice of some sort has been served to the little baby. We look forward to hearing the news.

    ReplyDelete