Friday, August 26, 2011

How very Waldorf of us

Pin
When I was taking the laundry today, Moira asked for one of the clothespins so she could pretend it was an ice cream cone. Rather then just say no and get grouchy when she started asking "Whyyyyyy?" I remembered that I bought her mini clothespins a long time ago (long before she was capable of operating them), so I pulled those out. "Can I hang up my laundry?" she asked, so I hung up a ribbon and we got a box of her doll clothes.
Improper clothespin technique
She did four loads before she decided to take a break. Including one with paper clothes she made herself. She's actually hanging up more clothes now. It took her awhile to figure out how to hold the clothes and the pins at the same time, which is why she's holding one in her mouth in this picture. Well, that, and I tend to hold a second clothespin in my mouth while I'm pinning something up with the first one. She's really happy to have this right now, I guess I should look for a little ironing set for her too, since she's been agitating for one, but I was skeptical that it would actually be fun. Do they make wooden washer and dryers too?
Ballerina taking a bath
If you were wondering, this is what happens when I don't plan an interesting enough after nap activity. She is in love with drawing on herself lately, so it made perfect sense to draw some ballet tights on.

4 comments:

  1. I love the little ribbon clothesline! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you could make a wooden washer and dryer sorta like this wooden kitchen:

    http://naptimejournal.blogspot.com/search/label/Play%20Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe, with a skinnier bookcase. Or an old kitchen cabinet. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! It must have been just the right time, too, if Moira did four loads in a row! For washing, perhaps a washboard (or even a Montessori cloth washing table if you really want to make an investment!) would do?

    ReplyDelete