Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quilt ghost! Whoooo!

249: Meditation
Moira hasn't napped for about a week, although she still seems reasonably happy to play in her room for naptime. I'm stepping up decorating plans for the kitchen playroom, but for now, I'm taking advantage of the fact that if she's not asleep, that means I can sew during the day. This is really good since more and more I'm completely exhausted by the time Walker comes home from work, and I have a lot of writing that is also easier to do in the evening.
Quilt ghost!
Tillie helped me take advantage of our wonderful sunshine lately so I could take pictures of this quilt. The top has been finished for awhile, and I just got the back done. Sadly, Tillie and I get extra silly together so she turned into a quilt ghost and I encouraged her so I could take pictures.
Moira freaked out. There is an Olivia episode where Ian pretends to be a ghost by dressing up in a sheet. Moira is terrified of this episode. We have explained that it was pretend and Ian wasn't really a ghost and pointed out ghosts in other things like the Muppet Show. She says she is not so afraid of real ghosts, but she is afraid of Ian pretending, and apparently, other people pretending. I'm glad the classic sheet ghost costume has fallen out of favor, so we don't have to worry about that for next Halloween.
Ready for quilting
This is the quilt I'm working on for the current round of Doll Quilt Swap on Flickr. I'm excited because this is the first time I've really had the same taste and style as my secret partner. It's also the first time I've had a partner who actively participated in the community.
After I put this top together, I was getting off the freeway near my house and realized that the colors are exactly the same and in the same ratio as that self storage place. In my defense, my partner, and a lot of others, commented that she loves this, so I'm not the only crazy person in the world.

4 comments:

  1. I was a sheet host one year :-) It sounds like phasing out the nap is pretty popular this winter. I hope that transition goes smoothly. Also, I love the fabrics on the kiddie quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should do a quilting retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are awesome! I really like the one in the bottom picture. So cute! You have a great blog.

    ReplyDelete