Sunday, February 13, 2011

Moira don't fear the reaper

A few weeks ago we watched the Muppet Show episode with Alice Cooper. Moira was not impressed, much too scary.
Within the next week, I caught her singing Welcome to my Nightmare, and she informed Walker that it was her music. Yesterday she asked Walker to sing Dragula on Rock Band. Apparently that is Mommy & Daddy's music, but Welcome to my Nightmare is still hers. Needless to say, we have added that song to the lullaby playlist she listens to at night. We are either doing something very wrong, or raising the most awesome kid. Hard to say.

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure if I was doing something really, really wrong or something really, really awesome when I realized that Alice knew the entire lyrics to "Janie's Got a Gun."

    ReplyDelete
  2. At two, Mirella used to sing along with Switchblade Symphony's "Mother", even though she couldn't quite pronounce all the words yet.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for awesome. But then you wonder what will be left over for teenage rebellion. Beethoven's 9th, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think for rebellion, she has to choose something we don't like. So, it'll have to be either country or gansta rap.

    ReplyDelete