Thursday, January 6, 2011

Another one bites the dust

Finished!
After finishing the King sized Double Wedding Ring quilt, this was my next longest running quilt project. This is a baby quilt for someone who is now 7, and I started when he was still baking. Oddly the cross stitch motifs (from the Animal Babies series by Ellen Maurer-Stroh) only took half the time, and the incredibly simple piecing and quilting took the other 4 years. I'm not sure what my hang up was, since I loved the little animals and the fabric, which I let him choose. On the recommendation of my quilt group, I straight line quilted an inch on either side of each seam, except inside the actual cross stitch bits.
I rather expect at this point that this won't really be his cup of tea. I'm going to give it to his mom the next time her work brings her to my neighborhood with the understanding that if he doesn't like it, she has my permission to steal it. I know she likes it, and that's what mattered in the first place anyway.
My favorite block
This is my favorite little animal baby, followed closely by the dragon blowing bubbles. Look at those little legs. Adorable!

*Update. I just realized that there are actually two quilts in progress that I've been working on longer, but they are both for me, so they don't count.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I'm definitely not a fan of spiders, but I have to agree that this one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you are SO talented! The baby spider is super cute. I want to see the baby dragon <3

    ReplyDelete