Wednesday, December 15, 2010

This is what my day sounds like


She is singing the theme song from Disney's Winnie the Pooh. She will sing this about 17 million times today, but she won't sing with me. Only one singer is allowed at a time.
Today is also the beginning of the full on inquisitive stage. She's been asking "Who is singing?", "What song is this?" and "Why you doing that?" for a long time, but today has been a constant stream of "Why?" What fun. My advice to other people for this stage has always been to just keep answering the questions, even if the answer is "Because." It's difficult to keep thinking of reasons why, but there is a reason for everything, even if you don't know why the toy designer picked that exact shade of blue. I expect to deploy the answer "I don't know, lets find out." relatively soon.

1 comment:

  1. Also, if you don't answer the question, they will just keep on asking. Of course, they may decide do this even after you answer the question. :) Molly doesn't ask "Why?" but she does constantly ask me "Why not?"

    ReplyDelete