Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas everyone!

Opening presents
We had a good Christmas. Walker's parents came to town and we hosted both Christmas Eve dinner (with my Mom's family) and Christmas Day (with my Dad's family) at our place. Moira had a great time having so many people around to play with her and she spent most of the time asking people to come into her room. She also cheerfully helped me distribute presents on Christmas morning. The really good news is that she had extra long naps each day.
Puzzles
We were going to take her skiing on Boxing Day, but that was the day all the disruption and excitement caught up with her. When she had two melt downs before we were done with breakfast, we decided that it wasn't going to happen that day. So we went to the Zoo instead. I actually really like the zoo in the rain. Many of the animals sleeping spots are placed where you can see them easily, and most people stay home, so you don't have to fight the crowds. Moira also discovered the building and puzzle section in the Zoomazium and she helped Grumpy assemble all sorts of animals.
I plan to take it easy with her today, before our next round of visitors shows up. She definitely misses all the undivided attention, and I'm sure I'll have to spend a lot of time for then next few days reminding her how to engage in solo play.

No comments:

Post a Comment