Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas crafting

On Sunday, while Walker and Moira were skiing with my Dad, I finished Moira's stocking stuffers.
Ribbon bracelets
Ribbon streamer bracelets.
I saw these at a playdate last week and thought they were a great idea for a dress up box. Hers were beautiful, with rainbow streamers and all the ribbons the same length. I decided to use what I have, and I think they turned out interesting. The cuff is elastic, so that they can fit for a long time.
198: Tea bags
Moira loves her tea set, and drinking actual tea. One of her friends has a little wooden tea bag set, and Moira thought they were awesome, so I made her these. They are little muslin bags filled with different colored beads. On the other side of the tag it says "Moira's Tea Co." These were a little fiddly, and you can see that I forgot to insert one of the ribbons in before I sewed the top closed, but they turned out nice. I look forward to drinking lots of this tea in January.

8 comments:

  1. Both presents are wonderful! You should set up shop. I would definitely buy both for Jenna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teabags are a great idea! As though I needed one more thing to try to make before Christmas!

    And can I take credit for the rainbow streamers? Yours are beautiful too though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, i love these both a lot! i'd definitely buy them!
    oh, and thank you for entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you can claim credit. I would have linked to your blog if you still had one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it helps if I include the link eh?

    http://howdidi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those tea bags! And at first i thought the ribbon bracelets were foxtails - i bet you could figure out how to affix ribbon to a rubber ball or something. those were my favorite outside toy as a kid.

    I stumbled upon your blog through the npn - i'm a seattleite too, temporarily living south but planning a move back north. fun to read someone who is close by!
    I write at http://mamaisafourletterword.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete