Sunday, November 7, 2010

Winner winner!

170: Current scrap project
This weekend I finally got to spend more then 20 minutes sewing for the first time in almost a month. In fact, I got multiple hours at a time. I caught up on my Round Robin and swaps, but I spent most of my time working on one big project. Which I didn't take a picture of. This is a picture of my current scrap project. I'm trying to make it appropriate for a teenaged boy, so very few novelty prints and no florals. It's a little bigger now then it is in this picture, but I think it's going to take a lot longer then the log cabin quilts did to finish.
Happy birthday Selina!
This was Walker's project for the weekend. A spherical cake for Selina's birthday, to prove that he could do it. The bottom half is styrofoam. He needs to work on his icing technique, but it was tasty anyway.
Sunday dinner
We went to The Hilife for dinner with my parent's and sister. Every Sunday they have a family style chicken dinner. It was about twice as much as we could, so I think I know what we are all having for dinner tomorrow.
Making a cookie
The more genius part was that they have an assemble your own cookie on the kid's menu. Moira spent a good 20 minutes poking sprinkles and chocolate chips into her dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment