Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Well, look at that.

Walker and I have changed maybe 4 diapers (plus one pair of panties after an oops) in the last three days. Moira is really excited about the idea of not having diapers anymore. Every time she asks to do something new, like not wear a diaper when we go to the store, I explain what she needs to do before we can try it, and then she does it.
I expect some back sliding, but I'm just so excited to not have to change her diaper on the floor of public bathrooms anymore. She's stayed dry for nap every day since Sunday. She's stayed dry at night twice in the last week.
180: Gym class
She also started her first sans parent gym class yesterday. She looked concerned heading in, but then she realized that there were only 3 other kids and she wouldn't have to fight for space on the bars. As they were headed down to the trampoline area and all the other kids were waving and saying "Hi Mommy!" she looked concerned again, because I wasn't sitting with the rest of the moms. As soon as she saw me, she got a huge grin on her face and waved and said hello twice. I asked her if she liked it and she said yes, although she is a little concerned that she doesn't know the teacher's name. We'll have to ask next time we go.
Next week we go to California, and on Tuesday we take her to Disneyland. Moira has started asking every day if we can go to Mickey, Donald and Pluto's house. It's dinner time? Let's have dinner there! We are going to see friends? Are they Mickey, Donald and Pluto? Walker is similarly excited. I'm just hoping it's not an overwhelming situation for her, because I really don't want to walk through Disneyland with a toddler yelling, "No kids!"

2 comments:

  1. This is very wonderful and exciting news - no more diapers, traveling, everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I hope you have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete