Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oooh sparkly!

I have been doing a lot of things, but none of the crafty things I want to do since I slipped down the stairs. It's making me a little bit cranky, and I'm trying to keep everything in perspective, but I'm having a hard time. I still have a bunch of things I need to catch up on, like laundry and editing before I feel like I have time to spend in my sewing room, plus we are going to Vancouver for the weekend for Halloween.
But here are things that have made me happy recently. I'm trying to keep these in mind to make it through the day without yelling at my child all the time.
159: Amazing robot boy!
Amazing robot boy, on the right hand side. Moira's first art project that she self identified as anything other then a ghost or Mimi. Well worth the hassle of letting her paint with all her paints on the back of her doll house.
160: Dancing
Moira has started trying the potty out again, mostly when I read to her. We read Angelina Ballerina for the first time this way, and that afternoon she performed her usual bouncing gymnastics on the ottoman, only this time she was "Practicing her dancing to be a ballerina." She didn't believe me that this is not quite what Angelina was doing.
161: This is what made me happy today
Today a friend watched Moira for a couple of hours, and I got a manicure. I forgot how much I like paraffin dips. And now my nails are sparkly. During naptime, I got to have my favorite new tea. After nap we played with one of Moira's friends while her Mom napped and her Dad caught up on chores. I even got to hold the baby who appears to love to kiss, which was surprising from a 3 month old. It's always easier for me to be the best parent I can be with other people's children. I really want to work on being closer to that parent when it's just me and Moira.
Here's to more time and less exhaustion next week.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, hot tea and a manicure sound like heaven! Let's get together soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm much nicer and more patient with other people's kids too. ;) The tea sounds wonderful. Having my own projects to do keeps me happier too. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a manicure is such fun; I love the sparkle! I'm so glad you got a little time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete