Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Some days

Ever since Moira was able to eat, and then after her food sensitivities cleared up, we've fed her whatever it is we are eating. I think it's good for my sanity not to have to make two separate meals and it also seems to be making her not be picky (at least, right now). We also don't limit treats, other then by not buying them. If it's in the house, she can have it.
But some days, I forget to eat soon enough, or the lunch I've made isn't as filling as I expected, or both, and I'm cranky and I just want to eat something in peace. And those days, I wait until nap to eat my whatever (peanut butter toast, chips, another sandwich), just because if I make it while she's awake, she's going to want some too. And I don't want to have to make two. Or if I do make two, I want to eat them both. Which doesn't actually help me be less cranky until she falls asleep.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I know how this goes. I have to share everything I eat too ... well, unless I happen to be eating a vegetable. Then I don't have to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moira wants to try everything. The only food she doesn't beg to have when I'm cooking are tomatoes. We had to have a long talk about why I wouldn't let her have raw meat

    ReplyDelete
  3. and this is why I eat cookies in the pantry - I don't want to share them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat junk food in my bed with the door locked when Jenna's sleeping :-/

    ReplyDelete