Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nothing left


Painting
Originally uploaded by Maydela
I appear to have a small case of writers block. I can't seem to think of anything positive to write about here, I'm struggling to answer my email, I have two picture books I'd like finish up but I can't manage to think of the story I want to tell with them, and I've been posting little things on Facebook a lot less. I've even been struggling to title pictures when I upload them to Flickr.
I'm probably just tired. Even when I try to limit our plans, there's still jam to make and plants to water and weeds to pull and feelings to be careful of. All of which are things I want to do, happily do most of the time. But it leaves me drained.
This week, we got to go to the Seattle Children's PlayGarden which is located across the street from the building I attended from Kindergarten to 3rd grade. I'm happy to see that NAAM which took over the building when our school moved out is flourishing in our space.
If you have kids, and you are near or want to trek to the Children's PlayGarden, I highly recommend it. It was full of interesting things, like this paper and paints which were out for anyone to use. They had lots of staff around, possibly because of the summer camp they run, but everyone was encouraged to participate in any of the activities. Moira got to help make treasure rocks for the campers to find and break open tomorrow. I really enjoyed the open ended and interactive intention behind the space, and Moira seemed to like it too. There was even a swing for her to use.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling! I sometimes get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work there is to do on a daily basis. I hope you had a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete