Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This is what happens


Trying them on for size.
Originally uploaded by Maydela
When I have Moira try things on for size. She wore these for at least a half an hour, carefully holding them up, until she spilled water on them and let me take them off. Any suggestions that I could fix them for her so they would stay up on their own were met with resounding nos.
They are all finished and in the dryer now, waiting for summer.
It seems however, that my plans for kids clothing week may be ruined as I have a horrible sore throat/sneeze/achy/nauseous thing going on. I felt pretty bad when Walker took me out for my birthday, but I powered through. And today, I'm dead on my feet. Moira and I managed to make it through the day despite the 5:30am wake up call from her. I decided the only way to make it through was to say 'yes' as often as possible to her requests. Even with me trying there was an awful lot of no and later, but there was also singing and playing and cuddling and reading.
There were also a lot of tears from her, especially after 9:30 when she started getting really tired. I managed to keep her awake until about 12:30, but she was not happy. She stayed asleep for over an hour and a half before she woke up though, so I got a little bit of a nap.
Hopefully tomorrow I will fell better. There is a toddler story time series starting at our local library tomorrow. It is only 5 weeks long, and I know she'd love to go. It's been a long time since we went to story time. It seems unlikely that we will be able to make it though.

1 comment:

  1. Which library are you going to? We would like to find a storytime again too.

    ReplyDelete