Saturday, May 22, 2010

Retreat day!

Quilt group retreat
Today was my quilt group's retreat day. One of the members has a palatial quilting room (more square footage then her house!) above the garage. The break in the wall in this picture leads to the alcove where her machine was set up, along with another cutting table and iron. The light is amazing.
I managed to finish my blocks for April and May for the International Scrap Busting Bee. Both of the requests were for 12" blocks made primarily out of 1" squares. I didn't bring enough scraps to cut up, but the ladies were happy to donate some of theirs to the cause. They also tried to make me feel better about how they turned out, but I wish I'd done a better job.
10: Ruth's triangles
I was so busy working on those I didn't take many pictures of the show and telling, although I did bring my camera. I did manage to take a picture for my 365 project, after accidentally skipping a few days. I also finished the top for my pin up girl wall hanging, but I forgot to focus so I'll have to take another one tomorrow.
Thank you Wendy, and everyone else, for a lovely day. I didn't get to go to this meeting last year, and I'm very glad I got to go to this one. I'm hoping to be able But this is good while I can't manage it.

1 comment: