Thursday, March 18, 2010

I just had to share

This picture Sika took. Moira has been choosing her own clothes for a bit, and she either wants a specific outfit (one of the doggy ones for instance) or she grabs something and tells me who gave it to her (usually Nain, pearl or me). She frequently wrong about who bought it, but I appreciate the sentiment that she knows this outfit is special because someone she loves gave it to her.
The overalls are new, we got them from my Aunt Carol and she wanted to wear them last night after she got into her jammies. There were many tears when I said we should save them for tomorrow. She remembered in the morning and was very happy when she pulled them out of the drawer. The wings are from pearl, and she ran to get them so she could show them to Sika after she came to visit. Then after much wiggling and attempting to read books, she ran back into her room and came back with the hat Sika had brought her on Tuesday. She was so proud when she shoved it on her head and plopped down next to her on the couch.
I used to tell her when we getting dressed if something I was putting on her was a present from someone, but I didn't expect her to understand, or care this early. It's a huge joy to see her happily thinking about the people she knows, and wanting to wear something they would want to see her in.

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet! The outfit she put together is pretty cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a thoughtful (and very creative!) girl.

    ReplyDelete