Sunday, March 14, 2010

Doll Quilt Swap 8

I got to join in the fun at the Doll Quilt Swap on flickr for round 8. I was really excited and also totally intimidated.
Almost done
This is what I made for Christina. The binding isn't quite finished in the picture because the light was good right then and it had to get mailed the next morning, since I was already two days past the deadline. I've had this idea for a quilt or an embroidery ever since I saw the little Pixar cartoon with the birds on a telephone wire years ago and this seemed like the perfect time to use it. I'm glad the quilt made it safely to Australia in a reasonable amount of time. I also had some vintage linen thread I saved from my Grandmother's house when she was moving that I sent with the package. I've been holding onto it for 5 years with no plan or purpose. It's not even the sort of thing I would normally love. Apparently, I was saving it for Christina.
This is the amazing silk quilt I got from Mary. There doesn't seem to be a way to post her picture directly from flickr, and I keep forgetting to take a picture of it. It's all circly and amazing free motion embroidery and I love love love it. Funnily, I looked at it in the photo pool when she originally posted it and was mightily jealous because I was sure it wasn't for me. And it is! She made a little matching pincushion which Moira has co-opted for herself. I don't mind that, but she can't have my quilt!

I can't wait to do this swap again. It's well known that I hate surprises, but somehow, this is the right kind of surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment