Tuesday, February 16, 2010

RTT: I want to be Quiddler!

randomtuesday
I was going to say that it seems like I have only been posting on Random Tuesday lately, but looking at my blog for the five seconds it takes to log in has proved me wrong. Whatever.

Last week was a horrible horrible week, starting with the day with no nap and also containing among other things: being yelled at by another mother, someone trying to hit my car while I was backing out of a parking space, baby's first head wound, a super creepy dancing man and Walker losing all the coolant in his car and needing to be towed from Bremerton to Bellevue. This week is better already, but it kind of has to be.

"You don't want it to be like, 'You're playing Scrabble? I guess I can play Scrabble, if we must.' You want it to be, 'You want to play Quiddler? I LOVE Quiddler!'"
"I'll even take, 'You want to play SkipBo? I like that game, I guess we could play that.'"
"But you really want to be Quiddler."
"Of course."

You don't know me well enough to ignore me.

Walker made dinner for Valentine's Day and we ate it off our fancy plates. I forgot the candle light though. I told him that I don't think I would have done a better job, which I hope he took as a compliment. He even managed to find a jarred sauce I liked; That's a feat I haven't managed.

I watched some of the Olympics opening ceremony in a bar with Sika and Pearl without the help of sound. It made the tribute to the plains provinces even more inscrutable.

Moira has recently started to repeat two word phrases I say, like "Make bed." and "Find Daddy!" She also started saying "Bebah" in the car the other day, and I had no idea what she was talking about until we were singing "We're Going to the Zoo" later in the day and she she said it again. Zebra. Awesome.

This morning my computer is stuttering everytime I ask it to play sound. What's especially weird about that is that I just ran the virus scan Saturday. Time to restart!

I just realized that my tag for Random Tuesday is misspelled, and I can't figure out how to change it. Nice!

Go!

3 comments:

  1. Nice Random!

    I'm coming over to play Quiddler! No one will play with me. Maybe I should make it a moivational punishment. "if you don't clean your room, you have to play Quiddler." I win either way!

    I hope this week is way better than last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Restarting solves 90% of the probs for me.

    Have a great RT.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/02/2-entrehaunted-sites-boohes-pregnant.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soil delivery place near me has little quotes on it all the time. About a year ago, it was simply: tomorrow will be better.

    I repeat that to myself and L nearly every day. Sometimes it's followed with "it has to be/it can't be much worse/dear Lord, I hope so anyway" Sometimes, that's all I need to get me through the day.

    ReplyDelete