Monday, February 1, 2010

New new!

Bite!  Bite!
Walker's new car has finally arrived (pictures here) and so he and Moira spent a lot of time this weekend giving people rides and generally driving around to try and get through the break in period before the next autocross.
I spent some of my time alone at home to finish up some presents for a friend. Today, while taking pictures of them, I discovered that Moira is old enough to start modeling for me. She loved this dress and the shorts. She really wanted to try on the baby pants and very annoyed when I made her take them off. The dress was super easy, so I think I will have to make her one, although she'll have to settle for a different pattern. She did like the teeth on the skeletons, but I hope I can distract her with candy or chickens.
I'm glad I tried the shorts on her. The rise is way too short to cover a diapered butt, so I will have to add a waistband before I send them off.
New bed
We also got her room set up for her to sleep in it this weekend. She's been waking up when we come to bed, and climbing into bed with us in the middle of the night, so it was time. I was worried that she would be upset by the move, but she couldn't be happier. She climbs into her bed at naptime saying "New new!" and rolls around smiling. I had been regretting the stripes we painted on the wall, but as soon as we put up the curtains, blue blackout curtains I ironed yellow and red ribbons onto) and now I love it. It makes me smile every time I look in there. I even found a rug with a city and road on it the last time I was at Goodwill.
We still need to get an overhead light and some better storage for her toys. I also need to repaint the dresser which is currently a dusty pink and does not go with the walls at all. All in all, I'd say it was a good amount of work for a weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I love the curtains! They look great with the wall colors. No wonder Moira loves being in her room!

    ReplyDelete