Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ooooh!

Roll roll
I have been putting off making playdough for unknown reasons. Today, nap was short, so I bit the bullet and spent a whole 5 minutes making playdough with Moira's help. She was entranced with the whole process, measuring ingredients, cooking the dough, kneading it and finally playing with it. I found a set of (incomplete) alphabet cookie cutters and a bunch of random plastic kitchen utensils (things like an egg separator and an icing comb) at a thrift store before Christmas, and a box to hold them all in. She's been playing with them by themselves since Christmas, so when I pulled out the box, she knew just what she wanted to try first. I need to find a kid sized rolling pin for her, but she seemed to handle the regular sized one just fine.
Special note to Pearl, Rella and my mom, if she has a favorite color right now, it's blue. That's always her request when I ask which color she wants, even though she can now say other color names.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea-- checking thrift shops for kitchen utensils to use for crafts. We haven't tried play dough yet, but it looks like a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Sand toys also make good play dough toys.
    2. Brrrruuuuuuuuuue! Rella will be ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We keep our homemade dough in the fridge and it keeps beautifully!

    ReplyDelete