Tuesday, November 17, 2009

RTT: A plague on both your houses!

For some reason (possibly related to childhood trauma I won't get into in this post) Walker has become obsessed with the level of cleanliness in out house. To the point where he might be willing to pay someone to clean our house on a regular basis. I would like to point out that our house is cleaner then it was before the baby because we have to be careful what's in her reach, so things actually get put away, and we have people over more often here, so the floor actually gets vacuumed occasionally. Still, everytime we are cleaning for guests Walker starts grumbling about how "we need to do better at keeping up with the dirt." Not that I want you to change your mind about the cleaners honey! I'm all for that plan.

We are flying to LA on Saturday, so of course I want to do a bunch of things that would be silly right before we are gone for a week and a half. Like buy another loaf of bread or make playdough.

I keep saying things like "I'm not really getting sick" or "I don't think I'm contagious" only to be proven wrong the next day. I should really just stay in the house for the rest of the winter. Moira can walk to the library by herself now right? At least I haven't said "I really don't think I have Swine Flu" which is actually what Walker said this morning. Awesome.

Because it turned out I was actually sick, I had to skip the potluck my Mommy group had last weekend, after I went shopping for supplies. I really want to make the rice crispy treats, but that's another thing I shouldn't make right before a trip. Not that I couldn't eat an entire pan in 4 days. Still. Bad idea.

Both my closest mom friends are pregnant, which makes me feel worse about the whole sick/not sick thing. Also, slightly left behind. Not that we are trying or anything. It's kind of how it would be great to win the lottery, but I never buy a ticket.

That came out wrong. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Or visit The Un Mom for more Randomness.

4 comments:

  1. Lucky! Have a great trip!
    I love your random!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time.


    Have a great RTT
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/490000000-or-one-in-seven-american.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were missed at the potluck, but I hear ya on the leftoutedness. :)

    ReplyDelete