Friday, November 13, 2009

Oo! Ee! Aa! Oh!


Down and up
Originally uploaded by Maydela
I've been trying to teach Moira to jump, but she totally doesn't understand the concept. Instead she has decided that it's fun if I count every time she takes a step down. Well, when she remembers.
Two days ago we went for a walk in the woods (It's been too long since we did that. I don't know why. I love how the woods look right now with no leaves.) and she would stop and stand on every twig on the ground and root that she could get onto on her own and wait for me to count. If I didn't notice, she would start bouncing and sating "Oo! Ee! Aa! Oooooh!!!" until I noticed.
Yesterday we went to the Science Center with Mika and we both had to say it before she would go down the steps in the parking garage. Today she started doing it on the perfectly flat road on the way home from the mailbox.
I'm glad she likes the raincoat. She wouldn't put it on at first, and then when I finally convinced her to put it on she held her arms out like she couldn't put them down. Today she wore it on our brief trip out to the fabric store and she was complimented on it no fewer then 5 times in 15 minutes. Now it's her favorite coat ever. She had to wear it, hood up even when it wasn't raining. I had to wear my raincoat too, because you can never be too careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment