Thursday, October 15, 2009

Road trip quilt update

I'm almost done with the states I had already cut out, so I needed to figure out what to use for each state from what I have left. Using Google Maps to remember our route, this is the list of states visited, in order. If I've finished the block, there's a link to the picture. If I have the fabric, it's named next to the state.

BC - Y2K
Washington
Oregon
California - Velvet panties
Nevada
Arizona
New Mexico
Texas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Louisiana - Space sheet, heart panties, pink chiffon
Mississippi - Lemon scarf
Alabama - Green floral skirt
Florida
Georgia
South Carolina - Houses & trees
North Carolina
Virginia
Washington DC
Maryland - Maroon scrunchy
Delaware - Purple floral scarf
New Jersey
New York
Connecticut
Massachusetts - Lighthouses
New Hampshire
Maine - Moose
New Brunswick - Autumn floral ribbon
Quebec
Ontario - Mirrored halter
Michigan
Ohio
Indiana
Illinois
Wisconsin
Minnesota - Animals fabric
South Dakota
Montana - Cowboy fabric
Idaho - Pumpkins
Washington
BC - Sunset

42 states visited. BC and Washington are listed twice because I was living in BC and my boyfriend was living in Washington, so we did drive through them twice leaving and getting home.
16 blocks completed, one in progress, Massachusetts. I should remember to check my spelling on that one, since I keep misspelling it here.
I'm missing 9 fabrics. I distinctly remember buying fabric for Washinton while we were in Spokane. I talked to a lady who liked to go on motorcycle trips with her husband and two young daughters. She told me way more then I wanted to know about the logistics of that. I'm actually surprised I'm only missing nine, since I didn't do a good job of keeping things all together for the first 6 years after we got back. I'll have to do one last search through my bins, and then if I can't find them, I'll cheat and buy fabric now. I suppose I could try and find online vendors from each state to buy from. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment