Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mental note

I suppose you are wondering why I called you here?
Sometimes it takes me a while to catch on. Like a few years ago during the record heat wave when I realized on the last day that I should get in the pool in our backyard. That would have been a good idea.
Similarly, Moira has been very clingy lately, and also bringing me the sling and making me carry her baby in it. It suddenly occurred to me yesterday that maybe she would actually want to sit in the sling, so when we took Tillie to Greenlake, I took the Babyhawk and Moira happily rode in it for the first half an hour. I had to force her back into it so we could get back to the car in time to get lunch before we took Tillie to the bus station, but she calmed down eventually.
Picture from my new phone
I kept that experience in mind and when Moira started getting cranky this morning, got us suited up and took a walk to the park, since Walker took my car to get it's oil changed today. Moira was so happy to be cuddling me there and back, and seemed like she might even fall asleep on the way home. I figured she was just extra cuddly though, since the idea of her falling asleep at 10:30 is ridiculous, but by 10:45 she was inconsolable, so we went off to bed. To make her week more difficult, we are trying her in her own bed on the floor, so I can get some time in bed where I'm not twisted into a pretzel. The first few days she did not want to lay down on her bed, but yesterday she suddenly decided it was okay, and will jump into her bed when I ask if it's nap time. I even found her leaning on it while playing with her toys yesterday.
I got a new phone, and while I remembered to use it to take pictures at the park today, I forgot to take into account the fact that the sun was directly behind where Moira was playing, so this is the only shot that turned out. She had a great time climbing up the stairs and then sliding down the slide all by herself. I'm glad we tried it because now I know that Big Finn Hill park really is walking distance for me, although coming home up the hill with the baby strapped on my front was a bit hard. Next time maybe we can take the stroller. It will be a long long time, if ever, that she'll be able to walk there by herself, since you have to cross Juanita Way on a curve, and there are no crosswalks, lights or even sidewalks between here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment