Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Blueberries for Moira

Oh, that one looks good!
We went to Farm Tots at South 47 farm today. I'm not really sure how much Moira enjoyed the planned activities over me letting her run all over the road, but it was still good. Actually, scratch that, I can say unequivocally that she enjoyed playing with the bin of beans they had set up. She didn't even try to eat them much. I will have to go to Costco and see what kinds of giant bag of beans I can find.
She also enjoyed the blueberry picking afterwords. I think she ate almost as many as I picked, which I'm sure they were expecting given the price of the upick experience. Plus I let her wander around as much as she wanted. When she got bored of eating them out of the bucket as I picked, she found her own bush and went to town.
Ribbit
We had a laid back 4th of July weekend. We decided not to try and go to the parade of fireworks in downtown Kirkland, and instead stayed home. I finally blew up her froggy pool and she had fun playing with that, once we turned the spray feature off. We also got to help my Dad not celebrate his 60th birthday. It occurred to me in the car on the way to the party that this meant my sister is turning 40. It always makes me feel old when she hits a big milestone, but then I don't care when I actually turn that age. I went through the same thing when I was 23 and she turned 30, and then my actually 30th birthday was just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment