Wednesday, June 3, 2009

This is not a title

My new dress
I finished this dress just in time to wear to help friends taste food for their wedding. Just so you know, if you are going to Becca & Andrew's wedding, the food will be goooooood. I used Simplicity 2930, which only reminded me why I stopped using patterns for my clothes for the most part years ago. It was not as fitted as I had hoped, and the bust shaping was in the wrong place, so I had to make a lot of changes. It's supposed to be a shirt, but it was so long on me, I decided to make it a dress. The ruffle was added because I love floofy things and I never put them on my clothes. I have a huge stash of lace and ribbons and I never use them.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but after wearing it all day, I discovered it really needs pockets, so I think I will go back and add those in.
I like this one best
Pearl invited me to a dyeing party at a friend's house on Saturday. We both had a lot of fun. I just brought fabric to play with (this is my favorite one of the four pieces I did). The only thing I'd change if I was doing it again, is I'd start with colored fabric instead of the white. I think I will have to invest in some supplies so I can do this on my patio. Plus, pearl accidentally discovered that soaking something in Soda Ash will get pitch off perfectly. Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment