Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What she said

5 seconds before I stopped her
Yesterday Moira and I went for a walk with pearl. On the way to the park, pearl asked if she had any new words, and I said no. Then, on the way home, Moira dropped the book she was reading and said "Uh oh!" I was quiet while pearl handed her another book, which she immediately dropped so she could say "uh oh!" again. She hasn't said it since, probably because I started encouraging her.
I'm not sure what's up with her with the speaking. It seems like she tries out a new form of communication, and if I try to reinforce it, she stops. Like, she's glad I've figured out how to say banana, and now she doesn't have to. The things she says most often are the things we've mostly ignored. But those are also more likely to be used randomly. I suppose she's just figuring it out for herself, and she'll do things at her own pace, and I should just calm down.
As you can see from the picture, she's started hanging over the sides of the couches. It's a lot of fun, and has the bonus of making Daddy nervous. Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment