Friday, May 22, 2009

Little boys


Dolls for Craft Hope
Originally uploaded by Maydela
These are the little guys I made for Craft Hope's current project, making dolls for the Casa Beranbe orphanage in Nicaragua. I decided to make boy dolls 1)because I figured that fewer people would be making those and 2)I have a girl, so I will have plenty of opportunities to make girl dolls. In fact, I enjoyed making these so much, despite the problems I had with construction, that I foresee making a lot of these for presents.
I looked at a lot of patterns before I started, especially the Black Apple doll and this rag doll pattern, but then, because I hate following patterns, I winged it. I think I'll look at more patterns before I try this again, but the second doll definitely went together better then the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment