Monday, April 27, 2009

Books Moira recommends*

Just in case you need to buy a book for an almost 1 year old soon.
Ten Little Babies by Gyo Fujikawa; Moira usually sits still while we read this one, and has even started pointing at the baby who is not doing the thing all the other babies are doing.
Babies by Gyo Fujikawa; She liked this one so much, she sat on it until the spine broke. Now that's love.
Opposites (Slide 'n' Seek) by Chuck Murphy; This one is super exciting. It has a pull out section on each page so that you can see near and far together. This one is usually read at least five times in a row, and I'm really looking forward to when she can operate the pages on her own. There are three other books in the series, numbers, colors and letters.
Race Car (Go Books) by Meg Parsont; This is another really exciting book for Moira. It has everything you could want. It's shaped like a race car, there's danger (baby bunny is lost), and a stirring conclusion (Spoiler; They find his mother). I have this one memorized.
Touchy Feely First Words Colors Booksby Melanie Gerth; She mostly reads these to herself, which is a welcome change for me. There are things to touch, flaps to lift and tabs to pull.
Good Night Seattle by Jay Steere; This is from a series of books recommended on Thingamababy. It has pictures of places in the general Seattle area (Burke Gilman trail, EMP, Mount Rainer) and goes from morning to night, spring to fall. This is the book we read for naps for a long time. Now she likes to flip through it on her own.
Barnyard Dance! by Sandra Boynton; Moira gets tired of this book halfway through, because it's long. But it's still one of the top five books she brings to me to read. I enjoy it, and she will probably like it better when she has the physical dexterity to do the motions suggested in the text.
Such die kleine Ente! by Ursula Muhr: I forgot about this one. It was driving me up the wall, so I hid it. It is entirely in German, so I can't read it, and it's not on Amazon, so I can't link to it. Pearl bought this from one of those book tables set up at the front of Safeway checkstands. I encourage the idea of German language books for Walker to read with her, but apparently this one is too exciting to wait for Daddy. According to Walker, it's basically Where's Waldo with a duckling. Moira thinks it's awesome, even when all I'm doing is pointing out the duck on each page.


*In other words, the books I have to read over and over and over. Help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment