Monday, April 20, 2009

Accomplished.

Front view of silly crawl
I forgot to mention that Moira is really into books now. She brings them over to me and then we have to read it multiple times. Her favorite of her books right now is the one shaped like a racecar, which is silly rhyming drivel, but I like it because the main character is a female racecar driver. Yesterday she was obsessed with the Creepy Cute Crochet book I checked out of the library, and she got very angry everytime I tried to stop showing her the pictures (Cthulu! Devil! Corporate Zombie!!!).
This weekend I managed to get the dandelions dug out of the front flower beds. There were at least 4 different varieties, but I don't know the difference so I didn't take pictures. I had some not so helpful heckling from my neighbors next door, which made me want to offer not to remove ANY dandelions and see how long it would take for them to take over both our yards. Walker and Moira went to Lowes and ordered a tall ladder, a barbeque, and a lawnmower, so next weekend he can mow the rest of them down so they don't spread farther.
First birthday dress
I also made a dress for Moira's birthday. I'm super happy with how it turned out, and it was easier then I expected. I've done doll clothes before, so I know what it's like to hem teeny things. I have plans for another outfit from the same pattern involving denim and a purple candy print cotton.
Unfortunately, Moira decided this weekend was a good time to change her nap schedule, so we spent a lot of time trying to convince her to go to sleep because OMG you are tired! and then wake up because OMG it's almost 7pm! I think she's headed towards one nap a day. I'm not sure I'm ready for the change in scheduling that will cause, but I guess I'll deal.
Laundry
Partly because of the lack of napping, I've gotten a lot done today. I've done two loads of laundry (both dried on the line), planted the Lilac my Aunt bought me, hooked up the hose and watered everything recently planted, put away Moira's cold weather clothes and pulled out the summer stuff, made turkey stock with bones and veggie trimmings from the freezer (cooling now so I can strain it), and had a little photo shoot with the baby. Still to do, put away the stock and the diapers.
Forward movement
Oh yeah, and Moira's willing to be on the grass now. She even let me walk out of sight while putting the shovel away. Now if only I can convince her not to eat the dog food. Admittedly I caught her both eating it and feeding it to Stewie today, so I guess that's a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment