Friday, March 27, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday

Emma Rinehart
I had this photo downloaded and ready for today and I still forgot to post this this morning.
This is Emma Rinehart, AP Holly's mother in law, as a girl. She's 16 in this picture, and I love her hair. How much work do you think that took? She lived for a very long time (at the time, she was 82 when she died) and she always had great hair. It stayed dark for a long time too. Her daughter was totally grey before she was.

For more vintage photos visit Paperdolls for Boys.

4 comments:

  1. And to think that I feel like I have it rough if I have to blow dry my hair in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this hairstyle before. Think it was 'of the day' or something totally of her own invention?

    Cheers,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's probably her own invention. The top part is pretty much how she wore her hair for the rest of her life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hair. She really knew how to work it!

    ReplyDelete