Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More sewing

Block for Jennicakes
Since Moira is sleeping on me and I'm stuck in front of the computer, I figured I'd show off the last few things I made while Willow was watching the baby. The fabric from Jennifer for the Threads Together Quilting Bee showed up in time so I got to make her blocks. I even sat down and planned out what I wanted to do for the blocks since I wanted to cut out the silhouettes. This one turned out as planned, but I didn't have nearly enough fabric to do the second one like I wanted.
Block for Jennicakes
I got all excited when I finished the second block because it made me think of Henry the eighth and his wives, but then I thought about it and he had six wives and two mistresses, so seven ladies doesn't work for that. Plus she was going for a French thing, so an English king is highly inappropriate. The end result of all of this is that I've been thinking of the blocks as "Georges et les filles" I'm also terribly sad that I barely have any scraps left. There is literally a 1.5"x2" piece of the black dots left.
I also got the squares of my ugly quilt assembled, but I don't have a picture of that.
Potholders side A
Lastly, I managed to get the five potholders for the potholder swap organized. I'm a bit early for that, but I knew if I didn't get them done now, I wouldn't manage in time. They were all made from leftovers from quilts I made for Walker's family, except the pastel squares which were leftover precut quilt bits from the big bag of scraps one of the ladies in my quilt group gave me. Now I have to wait for the end of the month to find out where to send them.

No comments:

Post a Comment