Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Lent! Wait a minute...

So, tomorrow is the advent of Lent, and I've been thinking this is the perfect time to work on these two items from my list:
65)Don't get premade food for one month just because you are tired/sad/overwhelmed (1/30)
66)Have at least 2 home cooked meals ready in the freezer for 2 months (2/60)
I currently have a meatloaf and a thing of chicken soup in the freezer, so that covers the 2 things in the freezer, but I'm trying to figure out what the finer details of that item are. Am I allowed to eat one of those two things and still be compliant? How soon do I need to replace the thing? I think there will likely be another batch of soup joining them tomorrow, and that makes it easier, but I should still decide what the rules are.
Also, Pagliacci's is celebrating their 30th anniversary, so all pizzas are 30% off, for the next 25 days or so. Walker had pointed out that we can order pizza more often, but if I'm complying with number 65, am I still allowed to have pizza?
I think the rules will be,
For #66, we are allowed to eat out/have pizza delivered because we decide to have a special treat, but not because I got lazy and didn't plan something else, especially since there are tasty things in the freezer now.
For #67, I am allowed to have less then 2 pre made things in the freezer, as long as they get replaced on the next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is reasonable to be eating the frozen meals regularly, since they can get nasty if you leave them in there for months.


    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete