Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And then there were tears


Hi Mom
Originally uploaded by Maydela
Moira is so excited to be able to stand herself up. Unfortunately, she's not that good at it yet and is trying to do things like stand AND move, or stand by pushing herself up against the empty laundry basket, which then tips over. There have been more tears then I can count over the last few days, most of which seem to be more for anger at the universe then from pain.
The good news about this is when she does go down to sleep, she stays asleep for a good long while, because she finally does go to sleep, she is so tired. Actually, she is going to sleep for naps really fast right now. It's just that bedtime is a challenge right now. She likes to fall most of the way asleep for about an hour while she nurses and I read, but then when I try to sneak out of her bed to go to sleep myself, she wakes up right away, and usually she is ready for playing when she does. We are trying to put her to sleep later, but that is only working with marginal success. It's really not a big deal, especially since she's only waking up once during the night now (not counting the waking up after her little bedtime nap.)
I have a lot of crafty stuff that needs to get done, but it's too hard to sew with her current state of activity while she's awake, and I'm not confident that she will stay asleep if I am sewing in the next room during her nap. Fortunately, Willow is coming to stay for two weeks, because Walker is going to London for a week, so I will just throw the baby at her and see how much I can get done.
Walker is actually taking a Friday off so he and I can have our first date while Willow is here, and not be gone too late into the night. We haven't figured out what we want to do yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment