Sunday, December 14, 2008

Advent days 13 & 14


Mantle
Originally uploaded by Maydela
Yesterday we didn't do much, although Walker managed to get the music player to work properly, by the simple method of threatening to fix it so we listened to Christmas music and looked at the weather forecast. This is the first time in my life I have ever begged the weather not to snow. and I have been trying to get together for three weeks now and plans keep getting canceled. I have her wire. She has my spoons. We have presents to exchange, not to mention that she really wants to see Moira crawl. Apparently the universe wants me to eat ice cream with her wire. It's the only explanation I can come up with.
Anyway, what this means is that today's plans for advent was a gift swap party at pearl's house that I was going to attend sans Moira. Instead, it snowed last night and the hills iced over today and I had to stay home. Walker and I decorated the mantle on our fireplace instead, and to show the universe that I am not happy with it, I put the stockings on the hooks after they had been attached to the mantle for only 10 minutes instead of the hour the instructions called for. And they are still there. Take that universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment