Saturday, December 13, 2008

Advent day 12


Yay tree!
Originally uploaded by Maydela
Today Moira and I put up the Christmas tree. She was actually a big help, entertaining herself with the big box of toys and books I put on the floor next to her, and then staring in amazement at the pretty lights for up to 10 minutes at a time. After I had decorated it, and she had a nap, I put her in front of the tree and she would stare at it and then look at me like "Am I really seeing this?!" Best of all, she hasn't figured out that she can crawl towards it yet.
During her afternoon nap, the power went out. That was fine, since we have a gas stove and fireplaces but when she woke up she freaked out. Best I can figure, she was just not happy with the lights being off when it was not time to be asleep. Since I don't have enough candles to mimic lightbulb lighting, I asked my next door neighbor to show me how to manually open the garage door so I could get the car out and Moira and I went to Goodwill.

Moira has started giggling. I'm not sure if it's an actual happy sound, or just a fun noise to make, but it's terrifically cute. She has also figured out how to swallow on purpose which is a good sign for future food consumption but for now mostly means that she is shoving fur in her mouth and trying to chew and swallow it. Eeew.

What's in the box?

She is also getting better at settling down. I have discovered that if I sing Barges she stills and smiles and if she's only just a little awake, she will go right back to sleep. It even works in the car when she's screaming. I'm glad I picked that song to sing when she was brand new over Sing me a Rainbow which is not only sappy as heck but harder to sing which would be a problem when she wakes up in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment