Friday, October 24, 2008

So far, so good


See kid, this isn't so bad
Originally uploaded by Maydela
So far, Moira and I are both still healthy and happy. Walker comes back tonight, so it looks like we may survive.
Mom and Dad came over for dinner last night and since Moira was in a relatively good mood (despite not having slept for long for the afternoon nap, more on that later), they kept an eye on her while I washed my hair. I have discovered that there are two ways to make her happy while other people hold her that work equally well at different times. The first is to hand her off and then stay in eye sight and be amusing. This only works if she's not too tired. The second is to put her down, walk away and stay out of sight while someone else picks her up and entertains her.

Dad read her stories and them Mom held her for awhile and sang her a song, and she was in fact, still sitting happily on Mom's lap when I got out of the bathroom. This is a major step up from the screaming the minute Mom touches her, from as recently as a week and a half ago.
I tried to sneak into the living room to take a picture of the happy baby before she noticed me, but Dad said "Look! It's Mommy!" and I was all, "Are you insane man!?!"
Tonight we are going to Bam-O-Ween! at the Bellevue Arts Museum. There will be a lot of activities that she can't participate in, but it gets us out of the house.
I think she misses Walker, because she's fighting sleep like crazy. To the point where try to put her to sleep and she's so tired she's rubbing her eyes, but she refuses to give up. This started late yesterday afternoon, about the time we might start expecting him to go home. In order to finally fall asleep last night, we had to watch Grey's Anatomy in the dark TV room downstairs. I seem to have gotten enough sleep despite the not going to sleep until 10:30 and waking up at 5:30.
Stewie just licked her and it caused her to shriek in fake pain. Note to baby: This means you should go to sleep.


But Mom, I'm too cute to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment