Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ideas please!

I recently took over a quilt block swap (located here: http://www.quiltblockswap.blogspot.com
), and Walker wrote me a program to automatically match people up every month, and another one to help me send the e-mails (Apparently it's the same kind of thing spammers use. Now I feel dirty.)

At any rate, there are only 6 pairs worth of active members right now, and very little activity on the blog. Other then the obvious thing, that I should start posting pictures of the blocks that have been sent me every month, since I am asking everyone else to do that, I would like some ideas for how to increase the sense of community interest.

A couple of things I am thinking of doing:
Write a FAQ/rules for being a good swap partner
Do a version of the Friday five on my quilting community, but once a month instead of once a week.
Asking members for their opinions on what I can do better.

I would also like to try and petition for new members, but I'm not going to worry about that until after this months swap info is sent out.

I wanted to post my quilt shop reviews, but then I started worrying about being the only person posting. I don't want people to think it's a place only I can post.

No comments:

Post a Comment