Friday, January 20, 2006

I've been thinking lately about my general lack of job qualifications. I have an extremely shady job history. I walked out on my last job, I worked under the table as a nanny for 2 years in Canada before that. In fact the vast majority of jobs I've had lasted about 6 months. I also don't have a college degree, since I applied the same kind of commitment and fervor to college that I did to working. The only good things in my job history are my persistent volunteer work for Norwescon and the fact that I worked for myself for the last 3 years, and that is only a bonus because I doubt people will ask in detail how financially viable I was.
Because I think about stuff too much, I've been thinking about what would happen to me if Walker died and I suddenly had to support myself again, or if he got laid off and I needed to get a job. I don't want to work retail again, and I don't want to go to college again. I think the best idea is to work out a good business plan for restarting a custom sewing business, rather then the willy nilly approach I took last time. I have been trying to work on it, and have made infinitesimal amounts of progress, but then I get scared, and I stop trying.

Does anyone have any links to resources for small businesses or sewing business? I need help figuring out what exactly I'm supposed to figure out, and I don't seem to know what I'm looking for because my web searches are never very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment